Machines that are a "Hassle"
If I were a student here I would be unhappy with:
1. The new patron computers on the 1st, 3rd and 4th floors. They seem to turn themselves off when not used frequently. IT has been advised but I often see computers that need to be restarted.
2. The microfilm reader/printer on the first floor:
If you want to print you need to go up to the Circ desk to get the by-pass key. In the past we have been told that it was too expensive to remove the old coin box so that you don't need the key. Can this be revisited?
3. Same microfilm reader/printer:
90% of the time the film does not load as it should - it gets "hung up" on the right side "take-up" reel. Sometimes staff can jam our fingers into that area but often we can't get it to load properly. We've been told that the machine is no longer covered by a service contract and that it is expensive to have a tech come out. Can we revisit this too?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home